Open mic comedy rooms in Melbourne have returned. However, not all rooms are ‘open mic’. Many are curated, meaning you need to have your name ‘on the bill’ before getting up. So reach out (probably via Facebook) before popping down to the following comedy rooms.
(Updated December 3, 2020)
- Guerilla (currently curated), The Resistance Bar and Cafe, 6/672 Glenferrie Road Hawthorn – 8 pm
- Laughs on Lygon (curated), Vodka Temple, 160-162 Lygon Street, Carlton – 8.30 pm
- First Friday Comedy (curated), 483 North Rd, Ormond – 8 pm (Reach out a few nights before to get on the bill).
- Fresh Friday Comedy, Club Voltaire, 1/14 Raglan St, North Melbourne – 7 pm & 9 pm (need to sign up a few days ahead via Facebook)
- Punchlines Comedy – 22-24 Bay St, Port Melbourne – 7.30 pm (starting in January)
Be patient. Under normal circumstances there are a lot open mic comedy rooms in Melbourne, and they are likely to return over the summer months with the easing of restrictions. Be sure to check back regularly on this page for the most up-to-date listing for Melbourne, Sydney and Adelaide open mic rooms.
Also, don’t be afraid to organise your own open mic room. All it takes is grunt work, a generous venue operator and a Facebook post and you’ll have a packed room full of new comedians who will love you for it.